Who is Catherine?
Catherine Whitcher, M.Ed, CLC is passionate about advocating for special needs families. She has a brother with Down Syndrome and has been in the special needs community professionally for over 20 years. Catherine began advocating for better, more effective special education programs after experiencing first hand the challenges of our school systems as a certified teacher.
Catherine's mission is to educate and empower parents and professionals on how to design and implement special education programs for success.
As a parent of a child who is recovered from severe Epilepsy, Catherine understands the modern day special needs family and the struggles families are facing in both the education and medical communities.
As an influencer in the Special Needs Community and reaching over 100,000 families per week through social media, Catherine helps doctors, businesses and other professionals reach out to the Special Needs Community. Our community needs professionals and businesses who want to improve the experiences of the Special Needs Family and Catherine makes that happen through both onsite and virtual trainings on inclusion and social media strategies for outreach.
Catherine works in many different settings, from large conferences such as AutismOne, to smaller group workshops across the country, and also provides 1:1 family and business consulting.
Highlights About Catherine
- Bachelors and Master Degree in Special Education
- Over 20 Years Experience Advocating with Special Needs Families
- Sibling to an Awesome Brother with Down syndrome
- Talk About Curing Autism (TACA), Presenter
- NATTAP Conference, Presenter
- Reaching for the Stars, Washington Medical University, Presenter
- AutismOne, Presenter
- SPIN, IL Dist 203, Presenter
- Indian Prairie Special Needs PTA, IL Dist 204, Presenter
- SPARK, IL Dist 15, Presenter
- Joliet Park District, Presenter
- Autism Society of IL, Central IL Chapter, Presenter
- Healing Thresholds, Contributor
- Gerson Lehrman Group, Consultant
- AlphaSights, Consultant
- Mom’s Choice Awards, Distinguished Judge