IEP Phone Consult for Parents
Perfect Solution for Parents Who Know They are Their Child's Best Advocate and Need This to Be Their Child's BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER!
Catherine Whitcher, M.Ed. will use her 20 years of IEP advocacy experience and teacher certifications to Help You Know What You NEED TO CHANGE in YOUR CHILD'S Education!Dear Special Needs Parent, You've figured out that you are your child's best advocate. Nobody gets your child like you do. Now, you need to make sure that the school team "gets" your child. You also have to figure out....
- What should my child really be learning this school year
- Which battles should I fight, which should I let go
- How do I make sure my child's goals are good goals for MY CHILD
- How do I know if something is missing my child's IEP
- What should I say to the IEP team to get them to listen
- How do I make sure the IEP is really being followed
- How do I know if my child is in the right placement
Your consult starts with you filling out a simple form that will highlight your top 3 concerns for your child's education. You'll send that form and your child's current IEP to be reviewed. Next, you'll have a 45-60 minute phone consult to tackle concerns and next steps in your child's education. You won't have to worry about taking notes, you'll receive a recap of all points and action steps discussed. This will be YOUR ADVOCACY ACTION PLAN!
The IEP process should not steal the joy of watching your child learn away from you. With an action plan, you can feel confident that you are doing everything possible to get what you need out of the school system. When you reserve your consult, you will also receive:
- Advocacy Letters & Emails that you can cut & paste to use for YOUR child! These are the same letters and emails I’ve been using for 20 years, with my private IEP clients, they work!
- A list of what to say when the team says “no” when you ask for changes to your child’s IEP
WHO Should Reserve a Consult:
- Parents who need to build their advocacy skills and relieve anxiety about what to ask for in their child’s education.
- Parents who are confident in advocating for their child, but need to know what to ask for.
- Parents who have an advocate who attends meetings with them, but want to sharpen their knowledge and skill so they can make the best use of their advocate’s time.
Your Back to School IEP Consult with Catherine Whitcher, M.Ed, includes:
-Review of current IEP document, including current testing & BIPs
-60 minutes phone consult with Catherine
-Written Recap of Consult = IEP Advocacy Action Plan
-Bonus Letters, Emails, Checklists to Use for Your Child
- You will receive an email within 2 business days with information on how to fill out the information form, send your IEP and schedule your IEP consult.
- Catherine does NOT give legal advice, all advocacy decisions are your own.
Straight from Parents Who Work with Catherine: "After working with Catherine, I will never go to another IEP meeting without her advice and I recommend no parent ever go without talking to Catherine first." -Vicky "Catherine saved me from burning bridges and I still got everything I need for my child to learn more." -Sandy "I knew I could do what needed to be done for my child, but the school system is so messed up. Catherine easily explained how the system works and how I can get more for my child." -Jen